Our sweet Lana Rae's birthday is today! She is four! Lana has her very own lovable personality, and keeps us laughing. She has a love for shoes, and has since she was a toddler. She loves them so much that she's stolen claimed a pair of her older sister's Cinderella dress up shoes. I think Ella has maybe been able to wear them a handful of times. Lana has worn them out as she wears them almost every day. Any time we return home, off go her shoes and on go the Cinderella slippers. She must get her love of shoes and heels from me. ;) Before I had kids, I lived in heels. Now, I choose function over fashion. I do miss wearing beautiful shoes!
Lana also loves babydolls, fashion, The Little Mermaid, and Ursula. At the beginning of the year, The Little Mermaid came to The Fox, and Ella and I went to see it with my Grams. When we returned, Lana was looking through the book and saw the picture of the actress dressed up as Ursula. From that day forward, she has become intrigued with Ursula. She's asked millions of questions about her character and cracked us up with how long this has gone on- several months now. She decided this summer she wanted her birthday cake to have Ariel and Ursula. My little miss sure knows what she likes, and isn't afraid to speak her mind. It is one of the most wonderful things about her. I love being her Mama, and I'm trying to soak up all of these special moments with her.
This month, we've been memorizing part of Psalm 139 for school, and I think this month's verses are perfect for celebrating Lana's birth.
Psalm 139:13-16
13 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
Lord, I pray for this little girl. As she goes through life, may You guide her path. Thank you for entrusting us to take care of her and teach her and love her. Wonderful are your works. Thank you for this precious gift!
I've also been thinking on her birth story like I always do on each of my kids' birthdays. Here's a link to her story.
Happy 4th Birthday, beautiful girl! We love you!
Lana also loves babydolls, fashion, The Little Mermaid, and Ursula. At the beginning of the year, The Little Mermaid came to The Fox, and Ella and I went to see it with my Grams. When we returned, Lana was looking through the book and saw the picture of the actress dressed up as Ursula. From that day forward, she has become intrigued with Ursula. She's asked millions of questions about her character and cracked us up with how long this has gone on- several months now. She decided this summer she wanted her birthday cake to have Ariel and Ursula. My little miss sure knows what she likes, and isn't afraid to speak her mind. It is one of the most wonderful things about her. I love being her Mama, and I'm trying to soak up all of these special moments with her.
This month, we've been memorizing part of Psalm 139 for school, and I think this month's verses are perfect for celebrating Lana's birth.
Psalm 139:13-16
13 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
Lord, I pray for this little girl. As she goes through life, may You guide her path. Thank you for entrusting us to take care of her and teach her and love her. Wonderful are your works. Thank you for this precious gift!
I've also been thinking on her birth story like I always do on each of my kids' birthdays. Here's a link to her story.
Happy 4th Birthday, beautiful girl! We love you!
Comments
Post a Comment