Skip to main content

More News on Knox

For those of you who have been praying and keeping up with any news about Knox, we have an update. We had another ultrasound last Friday, May 15th. The ultrasound tech reassured us that she couldn't see anything wrong other than the stomach being on the smaller side.

Once Dr. Weeks came in, he took another look and was able to see the best view of Knox's stomach he's seen since we started this process with the specialists. He told us that if he had seen this view during our first appointment with him, then we would have never come back for any follow up appointments. He stated that every human is different and Knox may just have a different size and shape stomach than others. Dr. Weeks thinks we can go from here with a normal delivery with my own doctor. He went ahead and scheduled an appointment with the neonatologist as a precaution- in the event anything arises after Knox is born.

This past Tuesday, we met with a neonatologist and he discussed the different type of tests they can do if Knox does need them. He assured us as well that everything appears to be functioning and Knox is growing at a good pace. He also explained what types of things to look for while nursing him in the beginning that would alert us of any problems. After meeting with all of these doctors, I feel pretty good about our son being taken care of in the event he needs testing or surgery. 

I get to deliver at Suburban and with my own doctor! (considering she's available and can get there in time.) Another cause for celebration is the fact they won't automatically take Knox from us to do testing. I can have time with him to bond and nurse! I think that was one of the things I was most upset about losing.

We also took advantage of being at the hospital without our 3 kids on Tuesday, and a sweet nurse showed us around the hospital- triage, labor and delivery, postpartum, OR, the NICU, and she gave us lots of helpful tips for parking and what to do in the event we get there and baby decides to come right away.

I have been more than pleased with the kindness and care we've been shown from the staff, nurses, and doctors throughout this process.

While I am so happy that it appears all is well, Brent and I did spend a lot of time stressing and worrying. It was a scary time for us. I hardly accomplished much of anything to prepare for Knox's arrival. It is now crunch time as I will be 36 weeks tomorrow.

Rejoicing in the Lord as He has been taking care of us in the lonely moments and in those moments of good news and concerning news. Sometimes it is hard to remember He is right there with us. Many thanks to all of you who have kept up with our family's story and prayed with us. We appreciate you more than you know.

Many thanks also to those of you who have sent my husband and I sweet messages, words of encouragement, Bible verses, songs, those who shared pieces of your own stories, those who called to check in, etc. Thank you.

Please continue to pray for a healthy delivery and our transition to a family of six.

Now I can just stress about the ways this labor and delivery will differ from the other 3 very different labor and deliveries I've experienced.  ;)

Comments

  1. That is such good news! So happy that all looks good and continuing to pray that it remains that way. Now quit stressing and start preparing for Knox's arrival. God has this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that all will fall into perfect place now that you have had your mind eased about little Knox. I am continuing to pray for a safe delivery and perfect health for Knox. No stress--give it to God and let His strength and comfort and perfect peace sustain you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tales of a Dysfunctional Gallbladder

A year ago, I was at Piedmont Fayette Hospital, recovering from surgery. I want to record these events as a reminder of why it is important for me to take care of my body, and hopefully help someone else realize the same before their own health issues become a problem. The new year had just begun, and I'd gone out for coffee earlier in the evening. I'd received some unexpected news, and went to bed not too long after returning home. Soon after getting in bed, I suddenly couldn't get comfortable. I was having pains in my back and right side that were worse than labor pains. This very thing had happened a few times before, but it usually subsided the next morning on those previous occasions. I went downstairs to the couch in an effort to avoid waking everyone. I didn't get any sleep, and I spent much of the night in the bathroom, either getting sick or trying to relieve my pain. I was still in tears once Brent and the kids woke up the next morning. I explained to Brent ...

A Year of Unexpected Surprises

In looking back on this year, I've dubbed it as the year of unexpected surprises. Some of these surprises have been good, others weren't, while still others were somewhere between. I've intended to write down and process each of these, but I haven't gotten around to it. I will start here with the most recent unexpected surprise. My second-born started Kindergarten this year, so I now have two in school! We've had to adjust to a new schedule as there are a couple more subjects in 1st Grade, and then simply adding another child into the schooling mix is a big change! Add in the new and frequent sibling fighting, and it has been a challenge in starting this new year. I *think* we've finally found some sort of a groove and schedule, but time will really tell. Recently, Owen's Kindergarten teacher stepped down as his teacher in order to take on a different job. As a result, the kindergartners are now in the 1st Grade classroom with Ella's class and teache...