Skip to main content

Our Little Bookworm

A few weeks after celebrating Ella's birthday, we celebrated Owen's 1st birthday on July 20th, a couple days after he actually turned one. He was walking at 11 months, so he's always on the move and he loves to snuggle, loves books, and loves to stay up most of the night. He's finally sleeping all night, but around his 1st birthday, he still wasn't. Lol.

He's got those baby blue eyes from his Daddy and some sweet curls from his Mommy. He's a handsome little fella! :)

With his love for books, we decided on a bookworm theme for him. We had gone through several ideas for a theme and none seemed to be good enough, but this one was absolutely perfect for our little boy!

Again, I had lots and lots of help with Owen's party. Brent did a lot more food prep and party favors than I did so I could focus on the birthday signs and Owen's smash cake. Brent's parents and Brenda also contributed in helping. This time, I wasn't too terribly worried about cleaning as I had been in the past. We had a smaller crowd, but it was still a success! :) Thank you to everyone who helped, came, and sent their love!

Here are some pics of the details:

Party Favors

Decorations





Book themed favors

His smash cake



Book themed food: Rabbit food

Teddy Grahams

Deviled eggs with green filling

Mini corn dogs

Colorful goldfish crackers

Dirt pudding with little bookworms

Opening gifts




"What's that?" 

Singing

Blowing out the candle

1st taste
















He liked the cake, I'd say! :) 


Mantle decorated with books, cards, and a banner of pics from birth to 12 months













Mint Chocolate Dippin Dots

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales of a Dysfunctional Gallbladder

A year ago, I was at Piedmont Fayette Hospital, recovering from surgery. I want to record these events as a reminder of why it is important for me to take care of my body, and hopefully help someone else realize the same before their own health issues become a problem. The new year had just begun, and I'd gone out for coffee earlier in the evening. I'd received some unexpected news, and went to bed not too long after returning home. Soon after getting in bed, I suddenly couldn't get comfortable. I was having pains in my back and right side that were worse than labor pains. This very thing had happened a few times before, but it usually subsided the next morning on those previous occasions. I went downstairs to the couch in an effort to avoid waking everyone. I didn't get any sleep, and I spent much of the night in the bathroom, either getting sick or trying to relieve my pain. I was still in tears once Brent and the kids woke up the next morning. I explained to Brent ...

A Year of Unexpected Surprises

In looking back on this year, I've dubbed it as the year of unexpected surprises. Some of these surprises have been good, others weren't, while still others were somewhere between. I've intended to write down and process each of these, but I haven't gotten around to it. I will start here with the most recent unexpected surprise. My second-born started Kindergarten this year, so I now have two in school! We've had to adjust to a new schedule as there are a couple more subjects in 1st Grade, and then simply adding another child into the schooling mix is a big change! Add in the new and frequent sibling fighting, and it has been a challenge in starting this new year. I *think* we've finally found some sort of a groove and schedule, but time will really tell. Recently, Owen's Kindergarten teacher stepped down as his teacher in order to take on a different job. As a result, the kindergartners are now in the 1st Grade classroom with Ella's class and teache...

More News on Knox

For those of you who have been praying and keeping up with any news about Knox, we have an update. We had another ultrasound last Friday, May 15th. The ultrasound tech reassured us that she couldn't see anything wrong other than the stomach being on the smaller side. Once Dr. Weeks came in, he took another look and was able to see the best view of Knox's stomach he's seen since we started this process with the specialists. He told us that if he had seen this view during our first appointment with him, then we would have never come back for any follow up appointments. He stated that every human is different and Knox may just have a different size and shape stomach than others. Dr. Weeks thinks we can go from here with a normal delivery with my own doctor. He went ahead and scheduled an appointment with the neonatologist as a precaution- in the event anything arises after Knox is born. This past Tuesday, we met with a neonatologist and he discussed the different type of t...