This summer has gone by so fast! Again, it hasn't felt quite like the summers I remember since I'm pregnant for the third summer in a row. This year, we had two July birthdays to celebrate! First, we had Ella's Bubble Guppies themed birthday party at the end of June. (We celebrated our Independence Day baby a few days early).
I love love love planning and hosting parties! It is a lot harder to make decorations and set up with little kids running around needing their Mommy, and I appreciate all the help I had with getting things accomplished in preparation for her party. Brent and I had discussed the details so he knew what I had in mind and also contributed many great ideas to the party.
Ella has always enjoyed watching the show Bubble Guppies on Nick Jr. She loves to get up and dance and sing along with the characters. She used to call the show, "Dup -ah- Dah." I really miss having her call it that. I don't remember when she stopped.... it had to have been after her birthday party.
We had some family come in town and several friends over to help us celebrate our 2 year old. The kids enjoyed some bubbles and Bubble Guppy coloring pages. Here are a few of the details of the party:
 |
| The cake that I almost gave up on! |
 |
| She loves balloons! |
 |
| The Birthday Girl |
 |
| The setup |
 |
| Ocean Water Punch: Baskin Robbins has this amazing sherbet and I added pineapple juice and ginger ale. |
 |
| Coloring-- look at that face! Haha! |
 |
| Coloring and enjoying some snacks |
 |
| As we sing "Happy Birthday" to her--notice the Bubble Guppies microphone in her hand. :) |
 |
| Blowing out the candle, and she got it on the first try! |
 |
She liked the strawberry cake! |
 |
| Our Growing Family of Four |
 |
| Rainbow Ice Dippin' Dots |
Comments
Post a Comment