Last year, I spent an entire evening devoted to carving two pumpkins and making pumpkin seeds while Brent did some things for grad school. The pumpkin seeds turned out extremely bland and I wasn't sure if I'd end up trying again since it's such a tedious job. However, Brent gutted the pumpkins this year and I ended up trying again. It was a major success! :)
Here's the recipe:
You'll need 2 Cups Raw Pumpkin Seeds, 2 Tablespoons of Butter, 1/2 Cup Sugar (Divided), 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon (Divided).
-Remove pulp and strings from seeds, then wash and dry the seeds. I soaked mine in a bowl of water and rinsed before laying them out to dry.
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Place butter in a bowl and melt, toss in seeds and stir until coated. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon over and stir. Spread seeds into single layer on baking sheet.
-Bake for 5 minutes.
-Remove seeds from oven and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar and t teaspoon cinnamon, mixing seeds together and spreading into thin layer again.
-Bake 5 more minutes.
-Repeat coating step and bake for another 5 minutes.
-Sprinkle seeds with remaining sugar and bake for 7-9 minutes.
-Let seeds cool and Enjoy!
Here's the recipe:
You'll need 2 Cups Raw Pumpkin Seeds, 2 Tablespoons of Butter, 1/2 Cup Sugar (Divided), 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon (Divided).
-Remove pulp and strings from seeds, then wash and dry the seeds. I soaked mine in a bowl of water and rinsed before laying them out to dry.
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Place butter in a bowl and melt, toss in seeds and stir until coated. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon over and stir. Spread seeds into single layer on baking sheet.
-Bake for 5 minutes.
-Remove seeds from oven and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar and t teaspoon cinnamon, mixing seeds together and spreading into thin layer again.
-Bake 5 more minutes.
-Repeat coating step and bake for another 5 minutes.
-Sprinkle seeds with remaining sugar and bake for 7-9 minutes.
-Let seeds cool and Enjoy!
Comments
Post a Comment