Skip to main content

An Update on the Bradley's

It's been a while since I last posted and much has happened. We are in our apartment and it's slowly coming together. We finished unpacking the kitchen last week, and are now on the lookout for a baker's rack as we need some more storage space.

Since coming to Memphis, it's been somewhat difficult in finding a job. I wanted to find a job so that I'd have something to keep myself occupied, meet people, and have a little more motivation in getting things done around the apartment. Alas, no one wants to hire a pregnant woman who wants to stay home with her baby after delivery. I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to find something and should put my energy into settling the apartment and getting ready for Ella to arrive.

There were a couple of weeks where I was having a hard time as we don't know many people around here. I've been praying for opportunities to meet people, but it's rather difficult. I'm coming to see that neighbors aren't as friendly as they once were (I wonder why that is?) I remember growing up and we were always hanging out with the neighbors- families would come over to our house, cookouts, riding bikes, adventures in the woods, etc. Then while I was in college, it was so simple meeting people in the same walk of life and instantly connecting. I sometimes miss having all of my close friends in one place. Brent and I have been discussing why it was that we were able to make connections after we were married, especially in such a busy time of our lives (working late nights at one point, opposite schedules at another, all while Brent being in grad school). We came to see that our closest friends came over a period of time, and in a variety of environments. There was overlap in our interaction- whether it be church, work, school, common interests, or any combination of these or others. This gave us ample opportunity in getting to know these people. It takes lots of time and effort, but God made us to be in community and thus worth it. I've joined a MOPS group in the area and I'm hoping to make some lasting friendships with other moms in the area. I look forward to when Brent and I have some other couples to hang out with. However, in these changing times, I've been able lean on God and my husband. I really enjoy the times we have together- it's a lot of fun. We walk to the library, go to the park, we play Just Dance, grill out, sit on our balcony, etc.

On March 31st, we started our childbirth class. I'm so grateful for a husband who is willing to go with me even when he doesn't necessarily want to. We've had two so far and discussed contractions and labor and delivery. This week, we get a tour of the hospital. Over the last few weeks, I've had some worry over what the labor and delivery experience will be like. I simply want to do a good job and have a healthy baby girl at the end of it. I'm worried about the things that could go wrong and whether I'm capable. It's something so unknown to me. My prayer has consisted of asking for God's provision, God's presence, and God's guidance. I know that He isn't going to leave me when I go into labor, but I'm so fearful and know I cannot make it through without my heavenly Father. I'm so thankful that God has provided me with a man who will stand by my side through this life changing experience. I know that I can count on Brent for support and encouragement as we draw near to July.

We traveled back to Knoxville last weekend for our first baby shower. It makes it seem that much more real. It was absolutely beautiful and we are so blessed by the gifts for Ella. I cannot thank the ladies enough who helped put it together.

I'm now 27 weeks and 4 days along. I cannot describe in words to you the beauty of pregnancy. What an amazing gift that God gives us!! I absolutely love feeling her jabs, kicks, and punches. I'm still trying to talk her into moving more when Daddy is around to feel her. Most of the time, she will stop moving as soon as Brent gets his hand to my belly. He has felt her, but not as much as we'd like. :) It's so cute to see him talking to her through my tummy.

Yesterday, Brent put together Ella's crib. It's beautiful! (except the factory sticker right on the front that we're working on removing). I'm so excited to start getting her nursery together. I spent some time in there last week, going through her gifts and imagining what it will look like once she joins us. I want to finish getting the apartment settled so that I can focus on her nursery and work on her scrapbook. :)

Love to you all!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tales of a Dysfunctional Gallbladder

A year ago, I was at Piedmont Fayette Hospital, recovering from surgery. I want to record these events as a reminder of why it is important for me to take care of my body, and hopefully help someone else realize the same before their own health issues become a problem. The new year had just begun, and I'd gone out for coffee earlier in the evening. I'd received some unexpected news, and went to bed not too long after returning home. Soon after getting in bed, I suddenly couldn't get comfortable. I was having pains in my back and right side that were worse than labor pains. This very thing had happened a few times before, but it usually subsided the next morning on those previous occasions. I went downstairs to the couch in an effort to avoid waking everyone. I didn't get any sleep, and I spent much of the night in the bathroom, either getting sick or trying to relieve my pain. I was still in tears once Brent and the kids woke up the next morning. I explained to Brent ...

A Year of Unexpected Surprises

In looking back on this year, I've dubbed it as the year of unexpected surprises. Some of these surprises have been good, others weren't, while still others were somewhere between. I've intended to write down and process each of these, but I haven't gotten around to it. I will start here with the most recent unexpected surprise. My second-born started Kindergarten this year, so I now have two in school! We've had to adjust to a new schedule as there are a couple more subjects in 1st Grade, and then simply adding another child into the schooling mix is a big change! Add in the new and frequent sibling fighting, and it has been a challenge in starting this new year. I *think* we've finally found some sort of a groove and schedule, but time will really tell. Recently, Owen's Kindergarten teacher stepped down as his teacher in order to take on a different job. As a result, the kindergartners are now in the 1st Grade classroom with Ella's class and teache...

More News on Knox

For those of you who have been praying and keeping up with any news about Knox, we have an update. We had another ultrasound last Friday, May 15th. The ultrasound tech reassured us that she couldn't see anything wrong other than the stomach being on the smaller side. Once Dr. Weeks came in, he took another look and was able to see the best view of Knox's stomach he's seen since we started this process with the specialists. He told us that if he had seen this view during our first appointment with him, then we would have never come back for any follow up appointments. He stated that every human is different and Knox may just have a different size and shape stomach than others. Dr. Weeks thinks we can go from here with a normal delivery with my own doctor. He went ahead and scheduled an appointment with the neonatologist as a precaution- in the event anything arises after Knox is born. This past Tuesday, we met with a neonatologist and he discussed the different type of t...