In looking back on this year, I've dubbed it as the year of unexpected surprises. Some of these surprises have been good, others weren't, while still others were somewhere between. I've intended to write down and process each of these, but I haven't gotten around to it. I will start here with the most recent unexpected surprise.
My second-born started Kindergarten this year, so I now have two in school! We've had to adjust to a new schedule as there are a couple more subjects in 1st Grade, and then simply adding another child into the schooling mix is a big change! Add in the new and frequent sibling fighting, and it has been a challenge in starting this new year. I *think* we've finally found some sort of a groove and schedule, but time will really tell.
Recently, Owen's Kindergarten teacher stepped down as his teacher in order to take on a different job. As a result, the kindergartners are now in the 1st Grade classroom with Ella's class and teacher. At first, I was worried about how this would work. I was a little bummed they wouldn't have their separate classrooms since they are always around each other, but things seem to be going just fine for both of them. And they LOVE it! Owen was sad about losing his teacher, but also excited about having the same teacher as Ella. As a result of the many changes in the last couple months, I think it has been overwhelming for him and he's acted out a bit. The cool thing is he will still get to see his former Kindergarten teacher in the community. Another bonus, he will get to have the same teacher for two years in a row!
Here's to hoping and praying this new normal is setting in for him! :)
My second-born started Kindergarten this year, so I now have two in school! We've had to adjust to a new schedule as there are a couple more subjects in 1st Grade, and then simply adding another child into the schooling mix is a big change! Add in the new and frequent sibling fighting, and it has been a challenge in starting this new year. I *think* we've finally found some sort of a groove and schedule, but time will really tell.
Recently, Owen's Kindergarten teacher stepped down as his teacher in order to take on a different job. As a result, the kindergartners are now in the 1st Grade classroom with Ella's class and teacher. At first, I was worried about how this would work. I was a little bummed they wouldn't have their separate classrooms since they are always around each other, but things seem to be going just fine for both of them. And they LOVE it! Owen was sad about losing his teacher, but also excited about having the same teacher as Ella. As a result of the many changes in the last couple months, I think it has been overwhelming for him and he's acted out a bit. The cool thing is he will still get to see his former Kindergarten teacher in the community. Another bonus, he will get to have the same teacher for two years in a row!
Here's to hoping and praying this new normal is setting in for him! :)
Comments
Post a Comment